Re: RE: RE: Re: Anti-Freeze was: Fluctuating guages

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 12:40:08 EST

At 09:38 AM 1/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Just changed anti-freeze I got brown goo in the overflow container---yuck i
>think others commented on this.

It may be from a water pump conditioner. Has anyone added a pump conditioner
to the coolant? Did you have your hood open at the last drunkfest?

A few weeks ago, I changed the tstat, the antifreeze and added a water
pump conditioner.

I then ran the engine with the rad cap off to make sure no air
was trapped in the cooling system. When it gets hot and boils
over, you get some coolant spraying out of the open rad. A bit
spray got on the tie-down holder of the battery. I didn't notice
as it was night-time. Next morning, it had dried to a browny
substance.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.