Re: '92 Dak rebuilt tranny R&R (long)

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 14:01:24 EST

In a message dated 01/10/2000 11:26:17 AM EST, mAARk@wrlc.org writes:

<< Lynn returned with the parts
 and I slapped them
 in, just starting to rain, damn I'm good, let's go get lunch! Whoa! truck
 is running rough, crap,
 I check the drawing, everything looks good, sure wish I had a FSM (waiting
 on a good deal!).
 I pull each plug wire and don't notice any difference except #6 seems to
 make it run rougher
 when pulled than the others. OK, now what ? I know, the firing order has to
 be on the Inter-net,
 so I run into the house. While I'm dialing up I look over my book case and
 see one of my Chrysler
 engine rebuild books, wow, it says 3.9 V6, who would of thunk? Bad news, I
 have the firing order
 right. Now what?

 I go back outside and start pulling wires again, this time paying close
 attention to the slightest
 change. Aha, plugs 1-4 only make a slight roughness in the idle, but they
 do make a difference.
 6 makes a big difference and 5 doesn't appear to make any difference! A
 closer look at 5
 reveals that is might not be seating all the way on the plug, tada! that
 was it ! Now I'm a little
 wetter, a lot less smug and still hungry, so off to lunch we went. >>

You should feel even MORE smug. You diagnosed and fixed your prob
rather quickly. You would be surprised at the number of people who would throw
up their hands and take it in somewhere else. Congrats are in order.