Re; Check engine light

From: Rob Clutter (rclutter@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 14:36:13 EST

Scott;

Thanks for the help, its a 96 with the 318 and a 5 speed, guess I shoulda
mentioned all this in my other post, sorry.

Sounds like something I can handle. I'll look for it tonight. Thanks again.
You think its faulty and is what made my light come on?

Rob Clutter
Milton TN
rclutter@bellsouth.net

Rob,

What year is your truck? From what I've read on these boards, the '97 and
later use two O2 sensors, one on either side of the cat. Mine is a '94, it
only has one, and replacing it couldn't be any simpler. It's located on the
top of the exhaust pipe, just after the "Y" junction and in front of the
cat.
It unplugs from the wiring harness on top of the trans, and then you unscrew
it from the pipe with a wrench. A decent one (I got a Bosch) comes with
pre-lubricated threads, the wiring and plugin connector, and it set me back
about $65 from Kraegan Auto. I didn't even have to jack up the truck. At
stock height, there was enough room to crawl underneath and change it in
about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Scott
'94 318 - 15.24 @ 89