Re: Why is everyone pinging?!? - no Mods ever Made

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 09:43:32 EST

I won't go into long details about it, I've been through hell! The first fix
they tried with mine was to re-route the ignition system, after that, they
replaces the intake gasket, after that they replaces the whole manifold. Now
they just took the computer out of my truck and sent it to Chrysler to have
it flashed (retard the timing 4 degrees). I've been driving my truck for 2
days now and it still pings. Not as bad, you can barely hear it, but it
still pings. The dealership will tell you its normal or acceptable because
there are so many people complaining about it, and they don't know how to
fix it. I actually did my own little test, I started gathering VIN numbers
of Dakotas with low miles on Used parking lots. I had like 10, 6 out of
those 10 were lemons. There is a site where you can check that. Keep on
them! My truck has been through the lemon law, and came out with a 100,000
mile warranty and a broken promise.

Erika