Re: Re: 2K Chevy encounter

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 11:53:51 EST

In a message dated 01/18/2000 11:00:53 AM EST, STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil
writes:

<< I believe it only part of the engineer quest of HP/WEIGHT. But a good
 suspension will kill any vehicle in a corner.
 You speaka da truff there man. Suspension, properly locating the cg, and
weight
transfer is far more important then how much HP your putting out at the wheel.

  I ran a Roush V-6 Mustang and
 stomped on a Camaro SS. He could not hold the corner but off the line was
 great. It should be HP/WEIGHT + SUSPENSION. Maybe add a (WOMAN + MAN) as
 an option. <chuckle> >>
 Hey I hear ya there. When I built the Magnum(78) for the ole lady
I had my frt end alignment man set it up for a single driver only.
You'd be surprised how well that helped it corner.
Not too mention we did all the S.S options like the rear springs
and relocation of the battery.