Re: Re: SAD DAY FOR THE VIPER

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 22:34:48 EST

OK, here's a pro-speed example for you: I was just reading
yesterdays paper, and I saw something about that one guy who died in
the little windstorm we had here in the Pacific Northwest Sunday. A
tree fell on his truck [obviously not a Dak ;)]. A policeman said it
was a freak accident- the tree just happened to fall where the guy
was driving "at a slow rate of speed". Obviously, if he'd been
driving faster, the tree would have missed him.
Flip
a tree would have to fall awfully fast to land on my Dak.

    Also, there is a difference between a fast car and a quick
one.  My
 truck is quick, but its got the aerodynamics of a brick.  Just about
any
 car worth its salt should be able to take me on top end.  (I don't
know
 for sure as I have no interest in going fast.)  I don't think going
from
 0-60 in 4 seconds is any more dangerous than going 0-60 in 10
seconds.
 You've built up the same momentum when you're done...  If anything, I
 feel safer in the quicker car, especially when it comes time to merge
 into traffic...

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!