Re: Fwd: RE: Ford 9" conversion

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 13:19:54 EST

At 12:40 PM 1/19/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Sure, but whatabout the drivshaft? The spring perches? The brakes? I
>doubt its cheaper than you thought.
>-
>Dave

Yep all that has to be done, I was referring to the cost of shortening the
axle/axle tube itself. www.drivetrain.com can take care of the driveshaft,
and you can probably get Currie to fabricate some bracketry so it will bolt
to the Dakota. The brakes, you can get the shoes for under $25 at any auto
parts store, the spring kit can also be bought there for around $10, the
wheel cylinders are about $20 each, the rest can be picked up at a local
junk yard - such as the emergency brake cable bracket and the adjuster.

I've been in more Ford 9" rear ends than you've probably opened the hood on
your truck. Now don't get upset, just making a statement. I know how
sensitive people can get when they talk about another make of vehicle, but
GET OVER IT. One IS NOT necessarily better than the other, they are just
different. But anyway, thought I'd get that off my chest, no offense
anyone, let's all shake hands. good game, good game :)

Mike

mschwall@flash.net