Re: Ford 9"

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 13:36:14 EST

Mike Schwall, this post was actually intended for Mike D.
from VA. He stated that he had already located an 8 3/4
for sale. I was simply lettin him know which cases to look
for. If YOU want a Ford 9", go for it, they're good axles.

I prefer to stay all Mopar.

--- Mike Schwall <mschwall@flash.net> wrote:
> At 07:10 AM 1/19/2000 -0800, you wrote:
> >---SNIP---
> >Mike if you have located an 8 3/4" for a decent price,
> >check the numbers on the 3rd member. Try to get a case
> >with the casting numbers ending in 742 or 489. The 489
> >case is the best because the pinion diameter is like
> 1-7/8,
> >much larger than the Ford 9" by the way. Even a 741
> >(A-body) case would probably be more than you'll ever
> need,
> >but get one of the other ones if you can.
> >=====
> >John McKinney
>

> I always wondered why just about every NASCAR Bush
> Series/Winston Cup race
> car, no matter what the make, has a Ford 9" under them.
> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>
> Food for thought
> Mike Schwall

> mschwall@flash.net

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's