Re: RE: RE: Gibson Exhaust System 4.7L

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 18:32:55 EST

My theory about why the 3" pipe works: It's still 2 1/2" up to the
muffler. Then you have a freeflow muffler, so more air is coming
through the muffler than previously, so it can make use of larger
diameter tailpipe. That's my theory, based on no mechanical
knowledge whatsoever. However, the system works fine, so I'm
sticking with it.
Flip