Re: Will Electric Fans keep engine cool???

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 02:10:23 EST

110+degree days here, no probs with the hayden.. Haven't towed with the dak
in that kind of heat, but fans are (IMO) not needed once you're up to speed.
The only time the temp rises to the fan thermo switch setting is when I'm at
a dead stop, and that hasn't happend since September
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.4@88.95
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ