Timing chain power loss?

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 02:56:16 EST

Hey,
    I posted earlier about after doing my timing chain on my 70k mile v6 97
dakota automatic, I lost power. Well, I take that back...

You see: I installed a glo gauge dash kit and that requires you to pull the
lil speedo,rpm,temp,gas, charge needles out, and I didn't put the MPH one
back in the same spot.

After driving on the highway and noticing I was going a lot faster than other
cars traveling at "70" miles... I went to a bud's house and we got on the
highway and thru 2-way radios, I knew my speedo was off 10 mph. so. I will
need more time to find out what has been done, but i think something good
happened....
-Dester

PS. no pinging problems to date. seems to run smoother and not have a power
surge like it used to have at 3,000+ RPMs.