Lockup vs. Non-lockup Trannies?

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 00:01:02 EST

One difference is that there is a plug on the top of the tranny that has 3
wires if it is a lockup and only 2 if it is other. I know one advantage to
the nonlockup is that on my premager with 3.55 gears benefits in highway
cruisability, where as mileage should be better with the lockup, I knoticed
no difference at all. I think my mileage actually improved with the
non-lockup.

Just my experience,
Chris