Re: Re: Re: Ping Report - Updated

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 22:15:05 EST

At 04:25 PM 1/24/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> > Hey Gen III guys, here's a thought!
> >
> > In the 97 and up Magnums, wasn't the EGR Eliminated?
> >
> > If I am correct, could this be a clue to the pinging?
> >
> > Richard Lewis
> > 92 LE CC, 318, Auto
>

>Yeah, Richard may have nailed one difference between
>the 96 and 97 engine. Can anyone think of anymore?
>
>GS -

That's a good point. The EGR recirculates the exhaust gas back into the
combustion chambers which cools the mixture, reducing chamber temperatures,
which reduces preignition But I feel the problem is elsewhere. You can
get by without an EGR. The computer just has to be setup differently to
compensate for loss of the EGR. They apparently didn't;t get the bugs out
quick enough.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net