A few words on TBs, life after the R&D ordeal.

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 03:53:37 EST

Hi All,
how goes it.
I was just reading my emails, and I thought it was funny how Patrick had
marketed himself as the best.....and everyone believed it.
His TBs were less than well made. sorry, I dont want to make anyone out there
that has one feel bad. But I would like to let you guys that do have them, know
that you should keep an eye on those countersunk screws. they could wiggle
loose.
He wasnt the first one making TBs, as a matter of fact, he didnt post any pics
of his til after I posted pics of ours.
another point of concern is his welding the countersunk screws in the shafts.
There should be very little movement of the shafts side to side, and the gaps
should be consistent. On the ones we have redone, the shafts were warped from
the heat of the welding.
The other misconception he put out was that 51.75mm was too big. Well, we have
never seen it. Actually we are getting some great results from them. We also
make a TB specifically for the 5.2. We also have the 3.9, 4.7 and the V10. So
you have a choice, you can pick whichever TB is best for you and your
aplication.
The intake for the 4.7 is in the works. and the dyno # will be posted soon.
Patrick was all about floating his own boat. I think its great that the two
manufactures that sat back silently are still going strong. Now I hope we can
all get back to enjoying ourselves with our trucks. If any of you ever have any
problems with your R&D TBs, just let me know and I can send you out a stock core
while yours is getting fixed.
And I hope the So Cal Ds, can get together again. Its been too long. My D will
be finished in a week or so, and she will be ready to run again. It will be
kinda nice to see what my Durango will do against a RT, should be close.
take care and stay safe.....
Tony
www.quickd.com