RE: pre-97(V6) hp info

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 08:10:17 EST

> has any one here got any more HP after removing the opening behind the
> grille to get more air into the engine?
> i just removed the cover and repainted the flatblack area behind the
> grille, look really nice not seeing spotted black paint.

I did notice a small performance improvement, but nothing spectacular(avg
1-2mpg improvement). Notice a BIG difference when I replaced the stock A/F
setup with a homemade FIPK (courtesy of QuikTruk99), and the intake pointing
at the opening. Just took a cruise(actually attempted to go to work) and so
far no snow coming in from the opening, but the valence likes sucking up the
snow. Now it's time to crank up the snow blower! WOOHOO!!

Greg(and glad the GF bought a snowblower)
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ