Intro (Was: Re: Exhaust gasses COOL the mixture?)

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 16:13:30 EST

>Out of perspective Rich, read. Just so everyone is on the same page, the
>EGR does not cool the mixture, it cools the combustion of the mixture. It
>reduces the temperature of the burning gases. End of story, get over it.
>
>Mike

This post has been brought to my attention. I analogize for the tone in
this reply, just real busy with work, and was low on patience - things just
HAVE to go wrong on a Tuesday.

No I'm not new to lists, but I am new to this one. I've been on email
lists for about two years now, mostly Ford lists (Ford Truck, 78-79 Ford
Truck Performance, and Fordnatics). Being as these are bad words on this
list, pardon my French. "Thank you sir, may I have another"...

I don't believe I properly introduced myself to the list. My name is, as
about all of you know, is Mike Schwall. I'm 23 and from San Antonio, TX
and recently moved from there to Oklahoma for a job. Actually two jobs. I
had an offer for a job with Veridian Engineering at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma
City, OK to work on robots that inspect jet engine parts using Eddy
Currents. I also had an offer from AT&T to be a sweep technician working
with fiber optics in Salt Lake City, UT. Both are excellent, but I settled
with the Veridian job.

I am college educated with two degrees and working for a third - a BS in
Computer Engineering at OU. Will jump into that this Fall (new job is
paying for it, yahh). The two degrees I have are both Associates degrees,
one in communications equipment (fiber optics, satellite and microwave
communications and computer networks, as well as radio transmitters), the
other as computer/electronics repair technician.

I've been around engines since I was a kid learning from my dad who was a
mechanic and did some racing as a teenager back in the day. I've built up
only Ford engines since I came from a Ford family. Built several oval
track and dirt track engines and one drag engine. Nothing major, just
friends having some fun. No big time race team or anything like that. Won
races too. Never raced "officially" myself, never had the money for it.
But I have done engines that would put a permanent smile on your face.

I am also a webmaster of a Ford web site, www.fordfan.org, if anyone cares.

Hmm, just about all I can think of at the moment. My email door is always
open.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net