Re: Update on Bilstein Shock Specs

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 17:56:54 EST

> That was the question I had. I see that on Bilstein's web page they say
> their shocks are run on race cars and such but would this shock be good in
> an on or off road application or will it be too stiff. I need shocks
> desperately but I don't especially need good road handling shocks because
> don't race (much) or corner fast.

Chris,
I believe Bilstein shocks are well respected in the 4WD industry just as
much as they are with the racing/on-road world. Bilstein shocks are fairly
large and widely used withih the off-road/desert racing series
internationally. They do come from the factory on many off-road packages
offered by GMC/Chevy; S10 ZR2 and Full size Chevy1500/2500 with the Z71
Off-Road Package just to name a few. Same with me, I dont race or corner
fast, I am just looking for a good road shock with rather good offroad
handling capabilities.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6