Re: Trans go shift kit question

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:52:16 EST

In a message dated 1/25/00 8:30:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, FalRan66@aol.com
writes:

> I was wondering how easy is it to install one of these shift kits, i see
alot

> of u installing them ur self, is it worth to do it my self or hand it to a
> pro?Now i heard one of u said that it was quicker in 1st and 2nd but no
diff

> in 3 and 4th, is this the way this typw of shift kit is or is it the way
it
> was adjusted in teh tranny? any help will be appreciated
>
> Joe
> 92 5.2 3.55sg

Depends on how much of a mechanic you is and your tools supply. Need a FSM
fer shurrr I would say and you need to keep everything clean, clean clean..

Mine shifts firm 1st to second but the big advantage is it helps the
reliability of the tranny by helping to eliminate slippage. I did not see any
noticeable increase in actual performance (ie no improvement in 1/4 mile
times) but it shurrrr feels better.

Bill