Re: RE: Really Fast Lightning

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 12:20:01 EST

>In addition to the supercharger you would need money for leather interior

This in my opinion should be optional, not standard. prob. knocks a grand
off teh price right there.

>, 4 wheel disk, upgrade for 17" to 18" wheels and tires,

I can see teh 4 wheel disks being standard, so you gotta add these,
probably what another grand to do yourself. The 17" to 18" upgrade I think
is superficial, I could see if the R/T had 15" but not worth it to go from
17"'s to 18"s IMHO. Remember the extra cost of burning up 18" meats as
opposed to 17" meats. but lets assume a set of whells cost $1500 for 18's,
$2k with meats.

>money for engine repairs that will no longer be covered on warranty and
finally money to
>recover the lost resale value. A Lightning will always have a hgher resale
>value, look at the prices being paid for the '93 - 95 Lightnings.

As for the resale value, who cares. Almost anyone that puts in that much
to make a truck exactly what they want are gonna keep it for a while, and
for teh engine repairs just make sure you don't run too much boost. I
would say keep it to like 5lbs or so to be very sure. Look at the
supercharged 4.7, it makes 330hp and 400+ lbft of torque, totally
streetable. With a few traction mods this thing would rock. For the
suspension I belive it is hotchkis (sp?) that offers a frame stiffening kit
for the dak. So all in all price could be prob 5k less for the r/t and
remember this too it wouldn't be a ford. How about that for resale value.

Ok I've said my peace,
Chris