: Building it Right

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 10:20:48 EST

I have to agree with Craig on the same concept. Yes! I could build a 360HP
Dakota and run from light to light but it will not do anything else. The
people in the aftermarket build cars from every aspect and have them tested
to meet the objectives. Then you a either a manufacture warranty or B2B
warranty (aftermarket with manufacture warranty). You want a car or truck
that can do the trick which the aftermarket folks claim. Not saying that
everyone cannot build a good car or truck to perform just as good as theirs.
After testing, retesting, and testing again. It is done right or they will
have a law-suit against them for false claims.

Trying to build a Camaro to outrun a Viper, I don't think so! First rule of
thumb-it has to be safe to enough to run 200MPH. Maybe the run time to
0-60MPH but try to sustain it. Which I know they don't! My Mustang will
not run beyond 165MPH.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA