Re: Ignition Switch Halo Light

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 13:59:47 EST

Y'know, there's another time the halo light works. I was on a long road trip
in my Dakota, and it was night time. I turned on the interior light to check
the map, then turned it out. A few seconds later, I noticed it got a little
darker in the interior. Hmmm. I couldn't figure out why. I turned the
interior light on about three or four more times, and I kept seeing it get
dimmer inside after a few seconds. It was a silly little thing, but it drove
me crazy until I figured out that the halo light comes on with the interior
light, but doesn't go out until a few seconds after you turn it off. (It's
not directly in view when you're driving down the road, but you can see the
glow around the dash area) I felt like an idiot, but I felt better now that I
knew what the heck was going on... :)

If it helps any, I would assume this means it's wired into the interior light
circuit, but has some sort of delay built into it.

Scott
'94 Dakota 318 - 15.24 @ 89
'68 Camaro 355 - 12.02 @ 112
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/McKennaRacing/">McKennaRacing.com</A>