Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 19:26:03 EST

I am by no means a car audio expert but from what I understand, car audio
power ratings are insignifigant. Head unit ratings are typically overrated
and amp rating are typically underrated.
      Seems that head units are aimed at the general public who think the
bigger the number the better. Amps on the other hand (atleast the good
ones) come underrated by the factories as they'd like their products to be
successful in competitions. Competitions are typically by class, which is
typically by watts (0-300, 300-500, etc). My advice is to listen to the amp
and non-amped systems and you'll see the difference (and there is a
difference!)

--
Dave