snow tires, cont.

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 21:53:53 EST

Subject: DML: No Tires(00 CC SLT+)

  With all this great snow here in MD. I went on a feild
trip today to my
local tire store to see if I could get a set of snow
tires. To my surprise
they said that no one makes any tires that won't mess up
the

-Woops, forgot to add this: Bridgestone makes their Blizzak in the
standard Dakota tire size P235/70R15. Going to a wider and taller tire
like a 30" tire will not help your snow traction compared to going to a
skinnier tire. More pressure on each inch of tread on a skinnier tire
compared to the weight being spread over a wider tire gives less bite
into the snow. So, in snow, skinnier is better.
  Man, your in MD. Are you sure it wasnt you who came in my shop?
Firestone in Edgewood?
  You got the wrong Patrick if you were looking for smoke blown up your
A$$!!!
Patrick