Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 00:38:34 EST

> Anyways, always get component sets, not Coaxial, the
> factory locations sucsk
> for highs, no imagaing!
> Greg

IMHO

I would have to agree with the rate of suck of the
factory locations. I have a 92 CC, I put a component
set of Pyle 5 1/4" - tweeter package in the door. I
mounted the tweeter above the door handle....huge
difference. All you need is a hole saw. Also, if you
put speakers in the doors it is a good idea to get the
speaker covers that cover the backs of the
speaker...protects it from water and other grime.
Crutchfield has these. In the back I have pioneer
5x7's and an Atomic 8" sub/Alpine EQ/Profile amp
mounted under the rear seats. The amp is a 4 channel
with 600 watts and it powers everything. This system
will not blow you out of the truck with bass, but it
sounds pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

Hope this helps.

Gregg
92 V6 CC