Re: 97-00 Dakota Clear Tail Lamps(Red Bulbs)

From: CrescentResearch@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 14:56:35 EST

....Then you're lucky. Taillights must be red ALL THE TIME...not only when
you step on the brake or have lights on...vehicles must have red rear
markers. Ok, if those lenses you wrote about ARE in fact DOT approved, (and
I suggest you verify that..it's an easy claim to make) it's because the lense
has RED portions in it, which would be constantly red. But this is getting
way too stupid and complicated now. Just stick with the stock damn lenses.
(Gee, maybe I'll get rid of my stock taillight lenses because I want clear
ones...but those are ILLEGAL, so now maybe I'll get the ones that are
partially clear, but still have parts of it that are red, but now they are
not all clear anymore, which defeats the whole purpose of changing them in
the first place..... DUH!!!) Might as well skip the gay clear lenses
altogether and just get low-profile tires with gold rims and a chain steering
wheel with a "la-cucaracha" horn.