correct alignment settings

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 21:05:40 EST

"Doh! Any alignment that is set towards "OEM" specs will
be incorrect and
inappropriate. People lower and lift their trucks
constantly. Unless
EVERYONE out there is stupid like my friend who heated
his coils and drives
on his bumpstops... there is a way to correctly align
any car that has been
raised or lowered. Come on here. "

-Ok, then what specs do you align them to and where do you get those
specs?
My spec charts dont have figures for raised and lowered vehicles, or for
wrong tire sizes. Yes, people raise and lower cars all the time. When
have you ever heard of someone with a slammed vehicle or jacked up truck
that bragged about the great mileage and wear they got out of their
tires? They normally eat the tires. If you've ever changed the ride
height of a vehicle either by different tire circumference or a change
in spring height, then you will know that this affects the camber and
toe, and the factory setting may end up wearing the tires. I cant pull
specs out of the air, and I dont have a research facility so I can
install tires, align them, and drive them for 5000 miles to see how they
wear at the current settings.
  Patrick