Re: RE: correct alignment settings

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 23:17:07 EST

What do I have to say about that? Nothing, because I'm not that advanced in
suspension stuff at the moment. What I DO have to say is that... I lowered
my truck 2-3 with western chassis 2" drop coils up front and a hanger mount
and 1" block in the rear and ALSO went to 235/60/15s instead of the factory
235.70.15s and I have no alignment problems. I rotate my tires every other
oil change and there's no weird wear patterns. Let's not turn this into a
flame. I'm just here to give the limited knowledge I know.
-Dester

PS. Cheer up and have a lil fun.

<< My spec charts dont have figures for raised and lowered vehicles, or for
 wrong tire sizes. Yes, people raise and lower cars all the time. When
 have you ever heard of someone with a slammed vehicle or jacked up truck
 that bragged about the great mileage and wear they got out of their
 tires? They normally eat the tires. If you've ever changed the ride
 height of a vehicle either by different tire circumference or a change
 in spring height, then you will know that this affects the camber and
 toe, and the factory setting may end up wearing the tires. I cant pull
 specs out of the air, and I dont have a research facility so I can
 install tires, align them, and drive them for 5000 miles to see how they
 wear at the current settings.
   Patrick