Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 23:36:02 EST

If you bought a dakota without the infinity 6 speaker option. There is
actually a place on the plastic mold panel that marks where good imaging for
the tweeters would be. it's perfectly balanced on both sides. I think you
need a 3/4" tweeter tho.
-Dester

<< I have done a few installs in dakota and in my ram. You CAN get pretty
 decent imaging up front Use the stock hole for the mid range driver then
 mount the tweeter high near or on the sail panel (A-pillar area). Make sure
 you get a tweeter that has an angle mount. Position and adjust angle so that
 tweeters fire in a cross-firing . i.e. passenger tweeter fires up and toward
 driver. Driver tweeter fires up and toward passenger. This will lift the
 soundstage up and pull it more to the center of the truck. Hope you find
 this helps. >>