Re: Pitman Arm Saga Part II(DONE!)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 11:02:23 EST

The saga is over folks! Took the ole Dak in at 9 this morning and was out by
9:30. I did ask for the old pitman arm back just to see how bad it was.
There was a considerable amount of wear on the rubber bushing/the part of
the arm which connects to the tie rod with the castle nut had alot of
slop/play in it. The teeth/splines on the arms looked ok to me. So I spent
$25 of the Perfect Circle(Dana) part with a lifetime warranty and $30 to
have it installed. $30 more than I wanted to spend, but since I couldnt do
it, I had to take it in. Thanks again DMLers,........time for the next
episode now :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6