Re: 31" tires on stock '95?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 06:43:00 EST

At 04:08 PM 1/28/00 -0800, you wrote:
> <snip>
>I was hoping for that. But then I have aftermarket rims. I'm pretty sure
>mine are 15x7. Anyone with With Prrogressive rims know how to find this
>measurement. <snip> Robert Howe

Robert

Remove one rim from the truck. Get a straight edge piece of wood
measuring 15". On the backside of the rim, lay the wood so that
it rests on the edge of the rims (avoids measuring from the
bulge of the tire). With a ruler, measure from the wood to
the mounting surface. Do the same on the front side but
measure from the wood to the backside edge of a mounting hole.

Add the two measurements together. If it's close to 8", then
the rim is an advertised 7" wide rim. If it's 7", then the
rim is 6" wide.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.