beatin' up poor helpless chebbies

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 11:05:07 EST

So I was driving home from work this morning, about 6:00. Beside me
is this big Chebby work truck- dually, flatbed, etc. Stop at a
light, and I decide it will be funny to blast out of the light and
dust the Chebby. Not a fair fight, but funny. I expect him to be
just laughing, going "look at that idiot!" So the light changes, I
stomp on it, and HE STOMPS ON IT TOO! I'm all ????. I let up around
30 (the speed limit), and he busts ahead, just in time to stop at the
next light. That one changed as I rolled up, and he guns it again,
so of course I have to put my foot in it, and shoot ahead. We did
this 2 or 3 more lights, I'd take off, and as soon as I let up at 30-
35, he'd pass me. I guess you don't have to worry as much about the
speed limit when you're driving an ODOT truck (Oregon Dept. of
Transportation) He's probably congratulating himself on beating a
little blue Dakota right now.
Flip

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!