Re: Tough Country Lift vs Rancho

From: T (tomboyle@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 16:19:55 EST

At least you pre-2000 guys can GET a lift. The 2000 4x4 Daks went to
rack&pinion (or "Rack & Peanut steering" per Homer Simpson) as well as
the 4.7 change. I called Rancho yesterday - and the answer is no plans
at this time. Worse yet, the other folks (skyjacker, etc.) say no plans
at all, and most don't offer 97-99 lifts even today (except for 2x). I
have a contact here in So. Cal that did a custom build using the 3"
Rancho lift with "heavy modification to the kit". I imagine I'm looking
at some big extra costs if I go that route. If anyone knows or hears
about a kit or a shop doing good custom work, please let us know. My
4x4 won't be here till March, so I still have lots of time.