Spark Knock solution?

From: George Hernandez (georgeh@ideas.tocquigny.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 13:10:42 EST

Maybe I need to look at my Dak a little closer BUT... can't the base timing
be retarded simply by loosening the distributor cap and rotating it a few
degrees?

Or is what I'm looking at not a regular distributor? As far as I can tell
its nothing fancy like a coil pack or optical unit on the front of the
engine... just a regular HEI style ditributor with PCM controlled advance.
I you knocked off just a few degrees and it still knocked than you know it
is because of a hot spot, or some flaw in the cylinder head casting.

Again, personally, I just added headers and knock is GONE. I guess the
cylinders just had too much back-pressure in MY case.

Just my $.02 :)

-George
'00 R/T CC (waiting to be dynoed again!)