=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=5B5=5D=3A DML=3A Remote Start Key question ?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q? =A0?=

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 20:42:29 EST

Bummer. I'd up the anti and say I'd pay for a new ignition if the dupe damaged
it, but it doesn't sound like you're game... Oh well, just trying to make it
interesting. :-)

As far as I know the optional ignition keys are not malicious, I.E. they either
work or they don't. The lawsuits would be incredible if they were malicious!
Can you imagine, "Sorry honey, I put my Honda key in you're Daks ignition by
mistake. I guess you'll have to replace the whole ignition now and not be able
to use it until you do, huh?". I really don't think so.

As far as microchips go, sure, specialized chip sets can be incredibly small.
I'm sure they could fit it into the current handle, but that's not the
implementation that I've seen or heard about. Miniaturization comes with a
price and I don't think it's cost effective or necessary to get that small yet.
For biological applications, yeah, I suspect extreme miniaturization is
critical.

I guess you'll just have to take my word for it that standard equipment Kota
keys are not electronically coded to the vehicle... For the '98 & '99 model
years anyway.
Tom