re:Remote Start Key question... kinda long

From: dakota_24 (dakota_24@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 21:26:05 EST

>he gave me two bits of information that confused me (A)
>Dodge has a special key that emits a frequency that >allows you to start
the
>truck and to bypass this it was going to cost $100 extra >(B) to perform
the
>feat he was going to destroy one of my ignition keys I >have never heard
any
>mention of this before.
>
>Any info would be appreciated.

 yes some dodge vehicles have a smart key ,the easiest way to tell if your
dak has one is to look at your key the part that you hold onto, if it is
black you don't have it , if it is light grey you have it so you would need
a bypass ,to do that .I only charge $30 (shops around here charge 30-50)and
you do have to destroy a key to do it. commonly when you have the smart key
system you get a valet key with the vehicle (a 3rd key)this is what I use so
you still have the other 2 ignition keys .
if I were you I would shop around to a few other install shops (but that is
just me)
to date I have done alot of new dodge trucks and none of them have had the
smart key but most of the high end dodge,chrysler cars have.
Chris
95 rc 318 5 spd
got about a week behind on my reading so if someone else has already said
this sorry
can you say DELETE