Re: Tough Country Lift vs Rancho

From: Marc Sanders (dakota4x@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 00:09:13 EST

Hi everybody. I have the 5.5 inch TC lift on my truck. I like it a lot, but
will reiterate what has already been said.

1. You will lone turning radius.
2. The rear rides stiffer, the front is pretty much the same as stock if you
leave the torsion bars at the stock levels. That is, crank them until the
halfshafts are parallel to the ground, or thereabouts.
3. It looks sweet. Works a lot better off-road too.

As for the comment made in this thread about "if you want clearance, get
bigger tires..." That is true to a point, but a lift will give you far
better approach, departure and breakover angles.

I posted this link before, but apparantly it was missed by a lot of folks,
or something. Anyway, if you're interested in seeing my installation report
of the TC lift on my truck, go to http://contagious-racing.8m.com. Click on
the "tech" link, and the link will be in the frame on the left. Ive gotten
very good feedback about this article, I put a lot of time into it. There
are lots of pictures for you to sink your teeth into.

Hope you enjoy it!

Marc Sanders
San Jose, Ca
'98 CC SLT+, 318, AT, 5.5" lift, 33" BFG M/T's
http://contagious-racing.8m.com