Re: One more question Gary if you have a minute..Was Re: P0340...P1391 Help!

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 12:40:37 EST

Bobby,

The cam position sensor on the 4.7 is located on the front/top of the right
cylinder head. It shows it on the passenger side, front of the engine, right
at the top of the cylinder head just below where the 'vavle cover' gasket
is. has a single bolt holding it in to the engine.

To clear the codes..........Is your check engine light on? If so you may
have to go to the dealer. To be honest I would just so the problem is known
to them. They can clear them right away. If the light is out and no problem
exists then according to the book, after 40 warm up cycles with out
additional failures, it will automatically clear itself. A warm up cycle
must meet the following criteria:
1. Coolant starts below and rises above 160F
2. Coolant temp. must rise by 40F
3. No other faults can occur

Or you can try the old stand-by of yanking the battery for a while but I
can't reccommend this.

Thanks,
Gary