plugs burning lean?

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@radix.net)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 22:46:43 EST

Hey guys,

    I got bored today and decided to pull one of my spark plugs (Champion
Truck Plugs) to see how they were burning. I was pretty surprised to see how
"hot" they were running. They were white, not the usual tan color plugs are
supposed to be. Anyone else run into this? Is it because of my mods?
Superchips mentioned that this may be the case when I ordered my ICON.

I bought a set of autolites and put them in tonite also because of this, and
the truck seems to be running better. The part # for them was 5224.

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota 318/5-speed/3.92SG
Gibson Split Rear Catback
MP Headers