Re: Tailgaters

From: James Harmon (jdharmon@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 01:46:44 EST

As on ewho puts over 4000 miles a month in Los Angeles traffic. You are
asking for it by being cute with the brake light. If someone is getting a
bit too close, just keep your speed steady. If you can move over, do it.
Just make sure to signal and give it three blinks so they know what is up.
Even when you are very considerate to others, just laugh to yourself at how
stupid they are.

Just because you are defensive doesn't mean you can't get hit. I got it in
the bumper yesterday on the freeway in my Ram Quad Cab, long bed. 4 car
oopsie. I was on the front end of it. Had a tow truck hit a Taurus, which
hit the Accord in front of her which hit me. Tow truck (did I hit
something?), Taurus - bye bye front and rear panels and truck, Accord -
scuff on rear but front end really mangled from chewing on my hitch (no
jokes!). My truck - a small dimple on the bumper. Nothing I can't live
with, but a new bumper would be ok with me. Anyone need a slightly used 99
Ram chrome bumper?

Bottom line. My neck hurts and I got a good laugh at what car vs. truck
really means. probability says you will get hit one day. Don't rush it
trying to get your point across.

Ok, enough of my rambling! Back to lurk mode.
Jim
DACUDA