Re: EMERGENCY STROBE LIGHTS

From: FlashBang Fish (swatfish@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 03:48:42 EST

You will probably find anything you want from a company called Gall's that
sell police, e.m.t. equip including lights. You might come out pretty good
with the hide-a-way strobes that go into the headlights and backup lights.
Clear strobes will garner most attention as they are brighter than the reds
and blues. (also depends on what your state will let you run) Power packs
are what cost so much. The more strobes you get, the more outlets you need.
  Galls has there own brand as well as whelen, code 3, and others. You can
also mount the deck type strobes to the rear window. Clear hide-a-ways can
be found for as low as $25-30 bucks, and four outlet packs as low as 60-100
bucks depending on the wattage. Big country supply
(http://store.yahoo.com/bcssales/index.html) has a help section for
determining how much watt for what bulb. Most of the guys I work with have
mounted the white corner lights in their cruisers and can be seen from a
great distance. I have two kinds of blue deck strobes (whelen) in my back
deck of my cruiser and are the self contained type(power pack built in).
All you have to do is plug into a 12 v cigarette lighter. Also try this
address:

           http://www.officer.com/prodgen.htm
There are several links to different suppliers on the list for price
comparison. B.T.W. whelen in my opinion is the best, but pricey.
If you have any questions i can answer for you e-mail me at

    swatfish@hotmail.com ---- or------- paulrc@gate.net.

I have had a lot of experience with what type strobes work well. Fellow
officers have tryed everything under the sun. Good luck.