Re: 17 X 8 questions 91-96

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 11:45:35 EST

dak_fan92@yahoo.com writes:

> To anybody that is running a 91-96 Dakota that is
> lowered 2" up front and have 17x8 wheels.
>
> What are the offset and backspacing of the wheels?
>
> How wide of a tire are you running? Can a 255/50 be
> used or does it have to be a 245/50 and not rub the
> inside at full steering lock?

Greg, it looks I like have 5 1/8 backspacing. I need to remember it this time
because that wasn't fun crawling around on the cold ground this morning
LOL. Again, I run a 245/45 but I don't think there'll be a problem running a
255. You might get a little more rubbing than I do. Figure that tire is only
5mm wider on each side.

My truck is dropped with spindles, I don't know if springs make a difference.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2