RE: Digital Camera

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 02:07:11 EST

Well, I went throught the same thing. Yes, the 8x optical is good, and the
2x digital takes
it up to 16x (optical and digital). It isn't too bad. The steady shot is a
missed item on
the FD88 (full zoom takes a REAL steady hand).

Neither camera is great on enlargements. Neither will replace an SLR. With
the FD88 at
1280x960, you can get a good 8x10 print that will rival a 35mm disposable
camera, whereas
the FD91 will probably be a little less due to it's 1024x768 resolution.
The FD88 is my
only camera, having had a DC20, then a DC40, the FD88 is a great camera.
Both cameras will
require the updated 550 battery (180 minutes vs. 60 minutes of the 330) The
330 battery is
pretty much just a backup to my 550 now. You should go to a store that has
both cameras,
shoot a few pictures (bring your own floppy) with each camera, then go home
and compare.

OH YEAH, one BIG item that might sway you BACK to the FD91.. The FD88 has
view finder. Only
the color display. The FD91 has both. I was a little leary of it at first,
but have become
pretty comfortable with it. Not have a view finder does make it difficult
to see the
display in bright sunlight.

I'll forward a few pictures I took recently at a Reba M. concert, and you
can see some
good pictures.

Dakota content-- I take about 100 pictures at each car show that I attend.

Sam '00 RT