RE: RE: Re: 330 horse 4.7?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 14:50:47 EST

The reason for the wheels and suspension, like the Roush Stang, not all
street races are straight courses and cornering is a must for me. I have
lost the line several times against the likes of SS Camaro's and Firebirds
but the cornering I slip on by. Imagine, hitting a L shape corner doing 30
plus.

Though, you will lose your towing capabilities. But who cares anyway. To
apply the V-6 for modification, I would go with the twin turbo setup to gain
the extra HP over the 300 mark. I really don't know what the true rating of
the Dakota six cylinder.

To gain anymore HP for the 4.7 would be fruitless unless (someone said
around 100 to 125HP gain) do to the weight of the rear versus the front.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps