Re: click noise-Rob

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 23:30:57 EST

Not to keep harping on the battery fix but if you can get one to try out
for a few hours and start the dak up it could very well be the problem.
Mine does this when the alternator does its 15k destruction of a
battery. I can put a meter on the battery and it will show 12.6-7 volts
but if I bump it or whatever it will start dropping to 10 volts. When it
does this the truck will do exactly as you describe with the clicking
noise and then kill all power inside the cab. If I usually back off the
key once then turn it again it will finally start right when it acts as
though it's about to die. As the battery gets worse you will have to
physically hold your fooot on the gas untill the truck warms up and also
gets a little charge to the battery to drive it. Good Luck and hope this
helps.

Jeff Durling