Re: Re: Law, can anyone put it in english?

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 23:38:07 EST

---- Begin Original Message ----
Well, I already expressed my opinion of the clears, but I was behind
a vehicle with the black-outs once, and I was surprised. When the
brake lights came on, they showed up really strong against the
black. They didn't look very good on the vehicle, but they seemed
safe enough.
As to the cut-outs (Ram heads, etc), those really don't obscure the
lights. As well as checking out my own, I've seen them on a number
of Rams, and there is plenty of space for the light to show through.
Flip

...If you put
covers on, they must be able to allow lights to be seen.  Solid black-
out
covers are not legal.  I do expect this to be changed however due to
the
abuse of covers and those dangerously stupid clear taillights
(usually by
rice burning jap crap).

---- End Original Message ----

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!