Re[2]: 95 Dying

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 10:33:46 EST

Yep, I'll second the battery theory... I took my '98 into the dealer 'cause it
was stalling in extremely cold weather. They checked everything (IAC, TPS,
Stored Codes, Battery load tested, etc) and it all checked out great. What they
did find (as folks from the RI meet will recall :-) was a lot of corrosion on
the battery terminals. They cleaned them up nice and put some of that red
protective goop on 'em... It got real cold one day after and I didn't have any
problem at all with stalling.

It seems the corrosion was just enough to lower the voltage output and the tech.
told me the same thing, I.E. the IAC sensor is extremely sensitive and requires
a specific voltage to function properly.
Tom