Big LSD question>Not drug related

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 01:24:50 EST

Okay, I have a 97 dakota v6 automatic with a 3.55 limited slip rear-end.

Today (there was a little ice on the ground from the snow we received) I was
going up a lil ramp to drive into a bay and I stopped on a patch of ice on
the rear driver's side tire. The passenger side tire was on dry pavement...
but. I give it gas to go and it just spins the driver side. what did I spend
an extra 300 dollars for an LSD rear end for? I though it transfers traction
to the wheel with more weigh?

This differential did NOTHING. it only spun the driver-side wheel (which had
NO traction) and the passenger-side wheel just sat still. Am I missing
something? When I changed the rear end fluid out, I did add a bottle of
Limited Slip additive to the GL-5 (80w-90) Did I not add enough for it to
kick in and make the LSD work?(wow that sounds bad. I'm really not on drugs)
-Dester