Re: Re: Big LSD question>Not drug related

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 10:42:00 EST

Since both of you guys have new rigs I don't think you've worn out the clutch
packs... What I think both of you are experiencing are the limitations of a
lsd. In extremely high differences in traction (particularly from a stop) it
is possible and likely that the clutch cannot handle the difference in torque.
Basically, the clutch plates are just spinning against each other but there is
not enough friction nor pressure to engage and provide power to the other
wheel.

This is one of the reasons I'm going with a locker for my rig.
Hope this helps.
Tom