RE: The good ole dayz....WAS: R/T versus lightning(13.99)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 15:21:47 EST

> In a message dated 2/4/2000 7:05:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> tmfu@home.com
> writes:
>
> > Kinda brings back the days of my Vette Killer... A 1964
> Sunbeam Tiger.. A
> > car that is lighter than a Triumph TR4 with a Ford 302BCJ
> (originally had
> > the Ford 260 v8). Had many a Vette owner( and Police
> units) follow me to
> > where ever just to find out what type of car it was.
> >
> > Greg
>
> Yea and my 1964 Pontiac Catalina 2+2, 421 cid, 370 hp stock with
> Bellanger full lenth headers, .020 off the heads (12.5 to 1
> comp ratio), 4.55
> rear gears, solid lifters, M&H slicks..Ran BSA (B stock auto)
> class, low 13's
> (13.2 at 106 mph best)..
> The GOOD OLD days,,,,Ted O.

Sweet car! You got that right! Speaking of which this morning I pulled up
next to a very cherry 1963 Studebaker Lark Daytona at a traffic light. Now
that car was the ultimate in sleeper! Motioned the guy over and we chatted
for a couple. Turns out that it has the R3/Hawk w/a Paxton, and the guy is a
Studebaker nut.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ