Re: RE: well i crashed my R/T twice in one nite

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 01:55:55 EST

In a message dated 02/06/2000 1:45:04 AM EST, chill@en.com writes:

<< On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, SmokinDakota wrote:

> Sorry to hear about the accidents. At least you are ok, somewhat. I know it
> hurts when your truck gets damaged in any way. Hope you wake up and find
> minimal damage.
>
> This leads me to another question for all of you east coasters and people
> who drive in the ice/snow. Why do you guys bother to drive in this terrible
> weather? Other than going to work and trying to get the essentials, food
and
> such. I see on the local news trucks, cars, garbage trucks slippin and
> sliding across the roads. Do they require you guys to have chains on your
> tires? And don't get too jealous, it was rainy here over in California.

 Driving in the snow is really not as difficult as it sounds. As long as
 you drive slow, and are familiar with the characteristics of the vehicle
 in the snow you are fine. First thing you should do every winter is to go
 to parking lot, and drive all crazy. Learn how the vehicle handles if its
 your first time, and if not freshen up.

    I love to drive in the snow.. I have a 4x4 but rarely use it. I
 love to come around snow covered corners and do a controlled fishtail. I
 drive all day when it snows just for fun, and have never hit anything.

 The two most important things to remeber

 1. Drive slow
 2. Leave tons of room between you and the guy in front of you.

 -Jeff

If I may add:
A few hundred pounds in the bed and a good set of
snow tires will greatly improve the handleling characteristics
of a pickemup in the snow.